9.10.2009

For the record...


I most certainly did not buy 6 or 7 *N Sync albums and pass them around the group. Seven albums is roughly half of the total number of CDs I have purchased in my entire life (that weren't from that mail order BMG Music Service thing anyway), so I don't think I would have wasted the money I didn't have pushing boy bands on other people. (Oh no, I would have spent that money on concert tickets and other paraphernalia for myself. *Wink, wink)

Now that that's cleared up, I was happy to read everyone's comments and opinions, so I've decided to post the end of the week discussion a little early. That will give us time to have thoroughly exhausted this topic before moving onto the next one. (For the record, we should all make it a habit to wait until at least Friday night to post these in most cases to give everyone a chance to comment before the end of the week discussion. In this case, where people were reluctant to do the band in the first place and where it's Thursday and it looks like all comments have been exhausted, I'm breaking the rule.)

Keep in mind that a discussion isn't one post about one person's opinions - that's what your comments earlier this week were for. The discussion should be ongoing back and forth until questions and opinions of the rest of the group have been addressed and we've all learned something from one another before the person who chose the band can close discussion and everyone can move onto the next week.

I'm going to put some real thought into this one. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. For the record, you told me that you were going to pick up the album and wanted to know who else was interested. I gave you money, and you returned with the album to give to me. To persuade me you mentioned that Diane and others had also participated in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry if I offended you, for that was not my intention. I have a fairly bad memory but it sounds about right that I would take your money and buy the album to save you some embarrassment. However, I must have meant Diane and others also bought the album or liked it, because Diane is the one who got me into boy bands in the first place. (Blame her and Katie Croxton and the Backstreet Boys ;) After all, I never listened to NKOTB. I was an oldies fan all the way growing up and we never heard popular radio until I was much older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we both had misunderstandings. I wasn't trying to imply that you went out and bought them with your own money and tried to pawn them off on others.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep discussion civil. We reserve the right to remove obscene or otherwise inappropriate comments.