6.04.2011

"Lungs" - Florence and the Machine (2009)

Ok I'm in full Bonnaroo mode now, so you'll probably hear about a few artists I'm excited to see... and when I return some artists I really enjoyed.

I focused on Mumford & Sons in my last post so I'm moving onto Florence and the Machine.

Top three tracks for me (best to least favorite): "Dog Days are Over", "Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up" and "You've Got the Love." All three were released as singles.

At times, Florence reminds me of Imogen Heap, but maybe a little less weird. (If you've seen the video for Dog Days, I'd like to stress "a little.") But her voice is pretty amazing, and the beats on those more upbeat songs are incredibly high energy.

Either of the first two tracks is great for running, I might add. I really can't wait to see them live. I think this will be one of my highlights. I think Thomas and Beth would like them if they haven't already heard them. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep discussion civil. We reserve the right to remove obscene or otherwise inappropriate comments.