9.05.2009

Week 1 - *NSYNC

I chose *NSYNC for my first week because I went through a huge boyband phase in high school, and I've been feeling nostalgic lately.

I was first a Backstreet Boys fan, but when I couldn't get tickets for their concert on my birthday, I (the child I was) took it personally and turned my attention elsewhere. I'm glad I did, because it turns out that my new favorite boyband was much more than a boyband - it was the start of a career for the band's real star, Justin Timberlake.

As you're listening, try to get past any bias you may have against boybands and pay attention to Timberlake's progression from boyband member to where he is today. Also, note trends and sounds that really date *NSYNC, such as the dial-up modem sound in "Digital Get Down." Also, I'm curious to hear why you guys think boybands were the thing to do for a few years back then and became cliche almost overnight. Do boybands have any chance of coming back?

This week's playlist:
1. 'N Sync (1998)
2. No Strings Attached (2000)
3. Celebrity (2001)
Singles - "Music of My Heart" with Gloria Estefan and "Somewhere Someday" from the Pokemon Soundtrack. (Let me help you with those two...)


Happy listening people!

4 comments:

  1. I have the NSYNC board game if anyone wants to play ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boogie Down Productions- Criminal Minded picture is incorrect at the top. It says Kennedi Minded and DJ Pogo, please fix immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, BOY, this comment is not NSYNC-related. Second, I'll get right on it.

    Let me finish for you, "that's what she said."

    ReplyDelete

Please keep discussion civil. We reserve the right to remove obscene or otherwise inappropriate comments.